the inspiration and the execution

A few weeks ago we took a short trip over to the New York Design Center at 200Lex for some design inspiration. Even though we didn't have a huge amount of time to explore, we knew we had to hit the Kelly Wearstler showroom and boy does she not disappoint!

The first time I experienced Kelly Wearstler's amazing designs was a few years ago while I was staying at the Viceroy Anguilla. I have to say, that was one of the most beautiful places I have still ever been. Most tropical destinations that I have gone to in the past are indistinguishable from the next, but this was wholly unique - mostly in part to Kelly's astounding hotel design. I'm talking inspiration for days!!

Fast forward to my lingering obsession with her work and our visit to the showroom where we saw some beautiful and unique wall moulding design that truly made the space. I love how simple the actual moulding is combined with how she did it in three "tiers" of varying distances. Just stunning.

Kelly Wearstler Showroom
We loved it so much, in fact, that we thought we could bring that same concept to a bedroom we've been working on. With the help of our amazing carpenter and painters, this went from concept to completion in a matter of hours.

work in progress
all finished!
We still need to get around to taking a few more pictures with the room fully styled out, but I think this looks pretty good!! We're really happy with the result and think it definitely makes the room feel special.

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig